Monday, September 8, 2008

Peter's Blessing

Do you like my hat?

Wearing the same outfit that his father, uncles, cousins, and both brothers before him wore, Peter was given a name and a blessing on August 9, 2008 during our trip to Utah. It was great to have so many family members with us. Thanks to Grandma Mietus for taking such good care of the outfit that it has become a family tradition and thanks to everyone for making it a special day.

Peter with his Great-Grandma Johnson


Peter with his Grandma Mietus


The Johnson family contingent


The Mietus family representatives

4 comments:

Julie said...

so cute. and I think that your "family blessing outfit" is cuter than ours.

Kasey said...

Hey, you have a blog! Cool, I just found it. Welcome to the bloggerhood. Cute pictures too! Pete is a cutie pants. I'm excited to see him...hopefully conference weekend.

Mary said...

Peter is so cute! I love that he was blessed in an outfit with so much history. Do you have a picture of Joel in it? I'm also amazed that it doesn't have any spit up/ poop stains. My two nephews that were blessed the same day as Kate both ruined their outfits within a couple of hours!

Mk said...

love the outfit & the tradition. He's adorable.